Develop into a world-class bassist at Performance WorX, the Pine Belt’s most vibrant Music Teaching Studio! Performance WorX provides the flexibility and opportunity to shape your training to fit who you want to become as a bassist and play the music you want to play.
- ¨ PRIVATE LESSONS FROM A POPULAR & EXPERIENCED CONTEMPORARY JAZZ BASSIST & COMPOSER!
- ¨ IMPROVISATION IS IN THE DNA OF PERFORMANCE WORX!
- ¨ Our “artist-as-mentor” pedagogy means you can take private lessons with a world class Contemporary/Jazz bassist , Andrew Glose. Click HERE to learn more!
- ¨ Performance WorX students and alumni played gigs at The Blue Jazz Club, Chesterfield’s, Sideline’s, The Hilton Garden Inn, Sully’s, The Brass Hat Midtown, & The Thirsty Hippo in Hattiesburg (to name a few), as well as many venues on the Coast, New Orleans, and across the South. One of our alums has for some years been the opening act for Adam Levine & Maroon Five. Several of our students have gone on to become successful recording/performing artists!
- ¨ You might also consider music composition courses from any of our three composers on staff.
Chart your own path — choose the kind of music you make from across genres, the ensembles you play in, and the directors you work with. Master the fundamentals, then explore endless performance opportunities that will sharpen who you are as a musician. Begin your career with a great foundation in jazz, improv, and the music scene. Get exposed to contemporary music as it is being played-and have a chance to make it yourself.
Learn to think about art, life, collaboration, and creativity in new and unexpected ways-enriching who you are as a musician. Take classes across the Performance WorX curriculum, including Music WorX, Acting WorX, Dance WorX, and Production WorX. to become a more well-rounded and prepared artist at Performance WorX.
Click HERE to get more information, check out available times and enroll in Improv Studies!