REAL. LIVE. ACTING TRAINING.
ALL WORKSHOPS ARE DISPLAYED ON A "TO BE ARRANGED" BASIS. PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOUR INTEREST IN ANY WORKSHOP PROGRAM BELOW BY POSTING THE CONTACT INFORMATION AND MESSAGE BELOW TO THE RIGHT. IF THERE IS AN EVENT REGISTRATION POSTED BELOW A WORKSHOP, THAT PROGRAM IS SCHEDULED AND WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO REGISTER AND JOIN US!
So, You Think You Can Act?
Ever want to be an actor? You want to know if you have what it takes? This is the place for you to get all the answers!!
o Budding actors will:
- Study both scenes and monologues from Shakespeare and Contemporary plays
- Learn a few different acting techniques
- Have questions answered about Stage acting
- Learn about the industry: Film, TV, Stage, Commercials
- Develop a plan to get there!
SATURDAY, JULY 25, 2020, 2-5 PM
Musical Theatre Audition Competition
- Mock Audition for: Shrek the Musical
- Bring a 16-32 bar cut of an appropriate song , Headshot. and resume
- Can sing acapella, although accompaniment is preferred (CD, phone recording, etc.)
- A speaker will be provided for sound
- Please dress in audition attire (Casual formal wear)
- Please do not sing a song from the show.
- There will be Three Rounds: The first round will be the singing portion. The Second round, actors will be given a piece of music from the show, The Third round you will be given sides from the show
- You will be judged on your talent, your ability to choose audition material, and your ability to adapt to change.
1st Prize is 4 free Private Acting Lessons over the summer. 2nd Prize is 2 free Private Acting Lessons. 3rd Prize is 1 free Private Acting Lesson.
- Learn the Do’s and Don’t’s of Auditioning -- Including what to wear, what to say, what to do once you’re in the audition room, and what to do when you get a callback.
- Plan for your audition with the assistance of the Acting WorX Staff.
- Practice and role-play your audition with other Workshop Participants.
- Get relevant and helpful feedback on your strengths and weaknesses in the audition process.
- Practice Headshots and learn how to pick the best shot for the audition.
- Experience a mock Audition before Acting WorX Faculty along with real feedback and real pointers.
Dancing with the Kaar’s!
Students will learn jazz basics, such as Chassé’s and turns. We’ll also teach proper technique and form for the stage.
Jazz Basics (Level1):
Students qill learn jazz basica, such as Chassé’s and turns. We'll also teach proper technique and form for the stage.
Musical Theatre/Jazz (Level 1):
Students will learn a fun, energetic Jazz combo to a musical theatre song. Through this class, students will learn how to incorporate facial expressions, while dancing and keeping an audience entertained.
Musical Theatre/Jazz (Level 2):
Students will learn a fun and energetic Jazz combo to a musical theatre song, with slightly challenging choreography at a faster pace. This class will be a mock dance call during an audition process.
A full weekend focusing on the English Bard -- ALL THINGS SHAKESPEARE! Participants will spend the weekend -- from Friday Evening until Sunday afternoon -- immersed in the Life, History, Sonnets, and Plays of Shakespeare.
- Learn About Shakespear's Life and Times through Workshop Discussions and multi-media presentations
- Enjoy dramatic readings, monologues, and dialogues of Sakespeare's works.
- Learn to read dramatically through observation, group activities, and practice with another participant..
- Participate in Scene work and dialogues with other participants.
- Choose a favorite Scene to work on with a group and prepare for a Shakespeare Showcase on Sunday Afternoon.
- Get valuable feedback and participate in a community of folks who have a genuine interest in all things Shakespeare!
- Enjoy the opportunity to participate in future deeper weekend Shakespeare experiences!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Stage Makeuo -- straight from the experts!. Acting WorX brings in representatives from across the industry to help the participants understand the products, their usage, and tips of the trade.
- Hands-On training with makeup application.
- Everyone practices applying makeup on themselves AND on another participant!
- Demonstrations of special effects makeup technique.
- Makeup tips that set the real pros apart from the crowd.
- Everybody leaves with product samples and lots of great information.
- Fun opportunity for personal growth, interaction with other budding artists, and networklng!
PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOUR INTEREST IN A WORKSHOP
We will place your name on a waitlist for the workshop you're interested in and notify you when the event is scheduled. Feel free to call us with any questions.
ThanX so much for your interest in